Friday, February 25, 2011

catching up

It is amazing that I manage to fall behind on things like updating my blog when I feel like I have nothing to do... anyway...
The students' favorite work of "art"
I've been busy since my last update. At school the week after Chinese New Year it was my turn to host the art show. I had the best works from all nine schools participating displayed in a classroom. Students could come by and look at all the art and vote for their favorite. Of course the picture of the HUGE house with a pond and three cars and a white Asian man in front got the most votes. The theme of the art show was hope. Says a lot about the hopes of this new generation of Cambodians. Capitalism... blah blah blah

The one I thought was the best, sorry for the glare.

Students checking out the art.
All the students really seemed to enjoy the art show, and it was a chance for me to do a project involving all the students, even those who don't speak any English, which is nice. Soon the winners across all the schools will be announced and invited to meet an artist who runs a gallery and art school in Siem Reap. It is exciting stuff.
Unfortunately, along with the art show came a nice round of laryngitis/horrible cold. So for the third month in a row I was sick for a week. I'm starting to take doxycycline (anti-malarial) again, I don't care how horrible it is put that much antibiotic in my body every day. It keeps away some minor illnesses, which I could definitely do without.
In other news: it is HOT. So so hot. It was sooo nice during cold season, some days I didn't even break a sweat! And then out of nowhere something snapped and it is hot again. Like in the nineties with ninety percent humidity hot. I am not taking kindly to the heat. I will end this rant there, because I have nothing pleasant to say about the weather. IT. IS. HOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment